Operating finishing machine to convert materials to finished goods.
40-48 hour working week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Below is a list of responsibilities and duties expected of you.
- Operating machines efficiently and to the highest possible standard to rewind semi-finished goods to
- Ensure all product leaving your machine is of the highest possible standard. Any substandard product
must be quarantined and reported to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
- To comply with current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Good eye for detail required to inspect quality of labels and produce jobs to the instructions provided.
- Inputting data into CERM including material consumptions and clocking data.
- Maximise machine efficiency by achieving or improving upon estimated times.
- To maintain the press in good operational readiness to maximise uptime.
- Keep workstation and work area tidy and organised by to clearing down as you go.
- The position may also require ad hoc tasks including assisting in other areas of production.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for this role are:
- We expect you to meet or improve upon the estimated times of each job wherever possible, this will be
monitored on an ongoing basis. We do understand this is not always possible and will discuss this topic in
your performance review.
- Non-conformances: quality defects, shortfalls in quantity are to be kept to a minimum. We expect 0 non
conformances but do understand this can happen and all nonconformance will be discussed with you.
- All material allocated for jobs is inclusive of set up. This will vary dependent on quantity and must not be
exceeded for any reason. Any transgression of this must be reported to the Production Manager before
moving to the next job.
- To achieve the required quantity for each job, inclusive of percentage overs required for each subsequent
operation. Any shortfall must be reported immediately to the Production Manager before moving to the
To apply for this position please send your CV to Production Manager, Kevin Oliver – email@example.com.