Job Overview: Operation of new Digicon Series 3 Press – 4 Colour UV Semi Rotary print and die cutting press with finishing capabilities of cold foil, hot foil, lamination, special varnishing, embossing, screen printing and slitting/rewinding. Setting up press, colour matching jobs, checking quality of print and ad-hoc tasks such as laying plates and machine maintenance. Expectation to be trained to run other machines also.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Below is a list of responsibilities and duties expected of you.
- Operating presses to print jobs efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- Tasks including: setting up jobs (using print cylinders, magnetic cylinders and die cutters), mixing inks, colour matching, wash ups, loading material.
- Inputting data into MIS including material consumptions and clocking data.
- To comply with current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Maximise machine efficiency to achieve estimated times.
- Manage a schedule of work on a hourly/daily/weekly basis & understand the targets set and the importance of your part in the process.
- Keep work station and work area tidy and organised by taking at least 15 minutes per day to clear down before end of shift.
- Ad hoc tasks when required that may include ink mixing, laying plates and locating material.
Qualifications Required: No Specific Qualifications required.
Technical Skills Required:
- Flexo Print
- Printing Presses
Experience Required: Preferably experience with a Digicon but any experience of flexo printing welcome.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for this role are:
- Job times: actual vs. estimated times for each job and averaged out over weeks and months. We expect you to meet the estimated times of each job wherever possible. We do understand this is not always possible and will discuss this topic in your performance review.
- Amount of non-conformances : quality defects with jobs that have been printed by yourself. We expect 0 non conformances but do understand this can happen and any non conformance will be discussed at your performance review.
- Percentage of waste on jobs that you have run: we expect you to strive for 10% or less overall
40-48 hours per week
Shifts to be decided – 10 hours x 4 days per week & 8 hours x 1 day. Negotiable
Overtime (over 48 hours) paid at time and a half
- On-site parking
- 28 days holiday per year (bank holidays inclusive & 4 days for Christmas shutdown)
- Auto enrolment in Company pension scheme and Company bonus scheme (can opt out)
- Company events
To apply for this position or for more details please contact Rob Lorkins, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org