Flexo Press Operator
Operating Flexographic press. Make ready press, colour matching jobs, checking quality of print and ad-hoc tasks such as laying plates and machine maintenance.
Day or Night Shift available on a 36 hour working week.
Responsibilities and Duties
Below is a list of responsibilities and duties expected of you.
- Operating the press to print jobs efficiently and to the highest possible standard.
- Tasks including setting up jobs (using print cylinders, magnetic cylinders and die cutters), mixing inks, colour matching, wash ups, loading material.
- Ensure all product leaving your machine is of the highest possible standard. Any substandard product must be quarantined and reported to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
- Inputting data into CERM including material consumptions and clocking data.
- To comply with current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Maximise machine efficiency by achieving or improving upon estimated times.
- Manage a schedule of work on an hourly/daily/weekly basis & understand the targets set and the importance of your part in the process.
- Keep workstation and work area clean, tidy and organised by clearing as you go.
- The position may require ad hoc tasks include ink mixing, laying plates and assisting in other areas of production.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for this role are:
- We expect you to meet or improve upon the estimated times of each job wherever possible, this will be monitored on an ongoing basis. We do understand this is not always possible and will discuss this topic in your performance review.
- Non-conformances: quality defects, shortfalls in quantity are to be kept to a minimum. We expect 0 non conformances but do understand this can happen and all non-conformances will be discussed with you.
- All material allocated for jobs is inclusive of set up. This will vary dependent on quantity and must not be exceeded for any reason. Any transgression of this must be reported to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
- To achieve the required quantity for each job, inclusive of percentage overs required for each subsequent operation. Any shortfall must be reported immediately to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
To apply for this position please send your CV to Production Manager, Kevin Oliver – email@example.com.