Labelnet Ltd. is a small business in Ongar, CM5 9RB. We are collaborative, creative and rewarding.
Our work environment includes:
- Growth opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Regular social events
- Lively atmosphere
Great opportunity to join a growing business in a varied role. Working within digital department both in Pre-press/Studio and as a Press Operator.
Using Company software to prepare files for jobs to print on UV Inkjet Press, supplying digital proofs to clients, maintaining files in orderly system.
Operating Digital Press. Setting up presses, colour matching jobs, checking quality of print and ad-hoc tasks such as machine maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
Below is a list of responsibilities and duties expected of you.
- Preparing clients artwork files for printing on digital UV inkjet machine (amending as required, checking art worked files are correct to customer’s needs). Files received may be print-ready or may require adjustment.
- Creating and supplying digital proofs to clients for approval
- Use of proprietary industry specific software relevant to your role, for proofing, file preparation and manipulation.
- To run the Digital press as required – loading, unloading materials, operation of the press and QC checks on jobs.
- Offline colour matching.
- Inputting data into CERM including material consumptions and clocking data.
- Ensure all product leaving your machine is of the highest possible standard. Any substandard product must be quarantined and reported to the Production Manager before moving to the next job.
- To maintain the press in good operational readiness to maximise uptime.
- Tasks including setting up jobs in DFE, checking job specification, loading material and sign offs.
- To comply with current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Maximise machine efficiency by achieving or improving upon estimated times.
- Keep workstation and work area clean, tidy and organised by to clearing down as you go.
- The position may also require ad hoc tasks including assisting in other areas of production.
Shift of Tuesday-Saturday for two weeks and then a change to Monday-Friday for next two weeks.
Each week would be 3 days in Pre-press/Studio and 2 days on Press.
Hours to be confirmed, potential to be flexible with shift patterns.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ongar, CM5 9RB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (preferred)
To apply for this position or for more details please contact Rob Lorkins, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org